Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Chess isn't sexy

Well I must say, this is bizarre. I don't follow the gossip columns in newspapers or read the similar sections of websites about who's been spotted with who and how many ounces of fat they have gained. However, in The Guardian this morning, I am scouring the magazine insert G2 when I read the first page story relating to the Britney and Kevin sex tape. Maybe you're thinking "God that is weird, why would Britney be married to Kevin Federline?" as is the common knowledge that Kevin is an ugly munter (But you have to remember, Britney doesn't look as good as she used to, still miles hotter than a lot of women though). Well that isn't what I'm talking about, it's the content I'm a bit weirded out by. Apparently, in the sex tape, Britney and Kevin are seen having sex, of course, but interspersed between the sessions are games of chess. And not only that, but erotic chess. Say what?

They bought a $15,000 erotically carved set, but apparently that makes no difference. Sex chess is a commonly known activity, but I hope I'm not the only one surprised. What tickled me in this story is the line given by one of the chess fanatics out there, Eckhard Freise. He says; "Chess is better than sex, there are many more positions." Well, if I ever need my unbiased opinion I'll certainly take it from somebody who loves the particular subject. Apart from that little amusing quote though, why is it included in the news? Is it to make people like me talk and query and quander over such things? Or was it simply a slow news day? Or maybe the writers of G2 felt it necessary to let us know that such things occur. Whatever the reason, though it wasn't fascinating reading, I can at least say that I have been informed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home